POSITION: Direct Support Professional – Volunteer Coordinator
PROGRAM AREA: Employment Specialist
POSITION OPENS: September 19, 2022
Job duties include:
- Work closely and cooperatively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisor and individuals working in the volunteer setting.
- Assist in the creation and development of volunteer opportunities within Spearfish and surrounding communities.
- Explore volunteer opportunities for people that we support in our community and surrounding areas.
- Responsible to perform instruction, coaching and evaluation in the volunteer setting
- Provide instructional programming necessary to help individuals reach their optimum level of development.
- Teach individuals independence and positive interaction
- Teach individuals skills and expectations.
- Maintain clear, adequate, and timely communication with supervisor.
- Spend time working in volunteer setting with individual we support, except for documentation and meetings.
- Attend meetings and in-services as needed.
- Maintain equipment to ensure safety for staff and individuals supported.
- Assist in using adaptive equipment, as necessary.
- Completed documentation necessary for ISP’s, incident reports and Positive Behavioral Support Plans.
- Implementation of Positive Behavioral Support Plans.
- Educate and expose individuals to volunteer opportunities in the community.
For more information regarding job description please inquire with:
Northern Hills Training Center
625 Harvard St. Spearfish, SD 57783
605-642-2785, Ext. 405
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
APPLY TO NHTC:
Applications can be found at www.nhtc.org or they can be obtained at NHTC Administration Offices at 625 Harvard Street, Spearfish, SD 57783.
Internal candidates apply to April Galea via S-Comm.
CLOSING DATE: October 3, 2022