CURRENT OPENINGS - Direct Support Assistant
JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
POSITION: Direct Support Assistant
PROGRAM AREA: Group Home
POSITION OPENS: January 1, 2022
Are you looking for the perfect first job? Do you enjoy helping people? Are you looking to do something meaningful while making a great wage?
NHTC is seeking applicants to support adults with intellectual disabilities in a group home setting to have a full and meaningful life.
Provide in-home, direct support to people with Developmental Disabilities.
Job duties include:
• Help people live more independently and happily in their homes by working with them to achieve their goals.
• Assist with people's day-to-day needs (bathing, preparing meals, cleaning, laundry, etc.).
• Participate and assist people with activities (shopping, Special Olympics, movies, etc.).
• Provide encouragement and coaching to people who are working to develop daily living skills & healthy habits.
• Document about the supports you provided during your shift.
For more information regarding job descriptions please inquire at:
Northern Hills Training Center
625 Harvard Street, Spearfish, SD 57783
• Must be 16 years of age
• No prior work experience is required, training is provided!
Hours: Part time, ranging from 16 hr. to 30 hr. per week.
WAGES: $13.25 per hour
APPLY TO NHTC:
Applications can be found at www.nhtc.org, or they can be obtained at NHTC;s Administration Office at 625 Harvard St., Spearfish, SD 57783.
Position Closes: Open Until Filled