POSITION: Supplemental Support Professional (SSP)
PROGRAM AREA: Residential
POSITION OPENS: April 22, 2021
Provide direct support to persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in residential settings to be readily available to work in all NHTC locations and during any shift. This is an amazing opportunity for a shift flexible employee to make a great wage while earning shift differentials for a potential earning up to $21.00 per hour.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Responsible for supporting individuals with personal care including activities of daily living (ADL's), hygiene, toileting, self-exams, weight, and other personal care items specified in the Individual Service Plan.
- Responsible for medication administration and related documentation.
- Responsible for routine and specific health related tasks and related documentation including blood pressure, in/out, temperature and other health related tasks assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning, cooking, laundry, reporting maintenance problems to supervisor, and other maintenance items as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting individuals with personal needs shopping.
- Responsible for supporting individuals with personal budgets, banking, and related documentation.
- Responsible for supporting individuals in accessing their community including recreation, resources, and support in developing and maintaining natural support networks.
- Responsible for preparing and documenting specialized diets.
- Responsible for individual training programs, supports, and related documentation as specified in the Individual Service Plan.
- Responsible for interventions associated with verbal and physical challenging behaviors including physical restraint.
- Responsible for any physical therapy or other medical treatments authorized by the Individual Service Plan.
- Responsible for safe vehicle operation and completing all vehicle documentation according to procedure.
- Responsible for successfully completing all required trainings (e.g. medication administration, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation, Safe Care, medical trainings, and other agency required trainings).
- Responsible for attending staff meetings and in-services as assigned and work in a cooperative and professional manner with departments and personnel.
- Responsible for using correct channels of communication and delivering important messages to supervisor.
- Responsible for working shifts as assigned.
- Responsible for following Northern Hills Training Center’s policies and procedures.
- OTHER JOB DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
For more information regarding job descriptions please inquire at:
Northern Hills Training Center
c/o: Cheryl Rohlf, DRS
625 Harvard Street, Spearfish, SD 57783
605-642-2785 ext. 218
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
HOURS: 40 hours/week
WAGES: $18.00 per hour; shift differentials wages for evenings, weekends and overnights with an earning potential of $21.00/hr. and must be available to work in all NHTC locations and during any shift
- Health, Life, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401k with employer match
- 9 Holidays Paid
- Paid Time Off
- Fitness Center Discounts &/or free access
- Verizon perks
- Referral Bonus Program
- NHTC Community Collaboration Cards
APPLY TO NHTC:
Applications can be found at www.nhtc.org or they can be obtained at NHTC Administration Offices at 625 Harvard St. Spearfish, SD 57783.
Internal applicants contact Cheryl Rohlf via S-comm.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled