POSITION: Positive Behavioral Support Specialist
PROGRAM AREA: Professional
POSITION OPENS: 11-8-19
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Positive Support Specialist is responsible for increasing the capacity of NHTC staff to provide positive supports to individuals with behavioral needs that interfere with having a desirable life.
Job duties include:
- Conduct Functional Behavioral Analysis for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Developmental Disabilities and co-occurring disorders in residential, vocational, and day service settings.
- Coordinate, develop, and write Positive Behavioral Support Plans that include support objectives, function- based intervention strategies, and teaching objectives.
- Monitor the progress of Positive Behavioral Support Plans, Rights Restrictions, Intrusive Medication Rights Restrictions and Restoration Plans
- Lead and maintain the Human Rights/Positive Behavioral Supports committee, per the requirements of Administrative Rights of South Dakota (ARSD).
- Provide specific staff training regarding a Positive Behavioral Support Plan and Individual Rights/Restrictions
- The Positive Behavioral Support Specialist will always remain certified in Crisis Prevention training offered by the employer.
For more information regarding this job description, please inquire at:
Northern Hills Training Center
625 Harvard Street, Spearfish, SD 57783-1897
(Job announcements posted on-line will have an attached job description.)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Two to four years related experience in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Computer competence in web-based documentation, word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be well organized and able to work with minimal supervision
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and/or as job requires.
APPLY TO NHTC: Send formal letter of intent and a resume to:
625 Harvard Street
Spearfish, SD 57783
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled